Chair Caning, Rush, Splint, Shaker Tape, & Danish Cord Weaving in Asheville, North Carolina
STUDIO HOURS : Monday-Friday 12-5, or by appointment
PLEASE NOTE: Repair orders are currently 2-3 months out.
Call 828-707-4553 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for visiting Chair Repair, located in the River Arts District in Asheville, NC. We provide exceptional craftsmanship and care in repairing your woven chair seats.
We love to teach CHAIR CANING CLASSES AND WORKSHOPS! in the studio or we can travel to your town.
Chair caning is in my blood. My family has been caning since at least the mid-1800’s according to the written history. We began caning in 2005 and since then, Dave & I have continuously sought out new styles, new weaves, and new projects. We weave cane, rush, splint (or split) weaves in various styles, danish cord, and more! All work is guaranteed, estimates are free, and pick-up/delivery services are available.
- If you need a chair fixed, or if you want to see a price list, please visit the REPAIRS page. Please keep in mind we may have several folks ahead of you in line, so plan ahead for holidays or special events!
- To check out really cool old rocking chairs, wheel chairs, stools, and more check out my PORTFOLIO (not very updated, best to just stop by the studio!).
- We have some original “contemporary antiques” as well as classic cane and rush chairs FOR SALE in our studio Planet Art.
- Also on Planet Art: simple, affordable Custom Picture Framing and funky Asheville Art
- Check out what’s happening with Planet Art & Hobie’s Porch Chair Caning on our news BLOG or on Facebook.
- Want us to come to your town and teach classes or repair your chairs? We love a road trip! Contact us and we will include you in our US CHAIR CANING TOUR….dates tba. Perhaps New England in the Summer/Fall of 2014