Seat Weaving Restorations, Chair Caning Classes, and Restored Chairs for Sale in Asheville, NC
(Includes Cane, Rush, Splint, Shaker Tape, Hickory Bark, & Danish Cord)
Call 828-707-4553 or email a photo of your chair to firstname.lastname@example.org
STUDIO HOURS : Monday-Friday 12-5, or by appointment
We will be CLOSED during Studio Stroll weekend November 6-9 to attend The Art of Seating exhibit and seminar in Winston Salem. Holy Chairs…its going to be awesome.
Thanks for visiting Chair Repair, located in the River Arts District in Asheville, NC. We provide exceptional craftsmanship and care in repairing your woven chair seats.
PLEASE NOTE: Repair orders are currently 2 months out.
If you want your chair restored for a Christmas gift, bring it in NOW!!
We love to teach CHAIR CANING CLASSES AND WORKSHOPS! in the studio or we can travel to your town.
Chair caning is in my blood. My family has been caning since at least the mid-1800’s according to the written history. We began caning in 2005 and since then, Dave & I have continuously sought out new styles, new weaves, and new projects. We weave cane, rush, splint (or split) weaves in various styles, danish cord, and more! All work is guaranteed, estimates are free, and pick-up/delivery services are available.
- If you need a chair fixed, or if you want to see a price list, please visit the REPAIRS page. Please keep in mind we may have several folks ahead of you in line, so plan ahead for holidays or special events!
- To check out really cool old rocking chairs, wheel chairs, stools, and more check out our FACEBOOK page which is more updated than the PORTFOLIO).
- We have some original “contemporary antiques” as well as classic cane and rush chairs FOR SALE in our studio.
- Check out what’s happening with Hobie’s Porch Chair Caning on our news BLOG or on Facebook.
- Want us to come to your town and teach classes or repair your chairs? We love a road trip! Contact us and we will include you in our US CHAIR CANING TOUR….dates tba.
Call Brandy & Dave at 828-707-4553 or email a photo of your chair to email@example.com